Friday, April 2, 2010

It's not by accident

I had a brief conversation in the hallway at church last Sunday with my stake president's wife. She told me this story: Her husband was transferred here for his job. She did not want to come. She moved her with a less-than-positive attitude about being here. The first Sunday they lived here was stake conference. In stake conference, the stake president asked a question, "How many of you feel like you have to live here because of a job?" She thought to herself, "That's me. That's the only reason why I'm here." Immediately, the stake president said, "You are wrong if that's what you think. The Lord has a purpose for you here. You are not here by accident, or because of a job. You are here because the Lord brought you here and there are things you can do and people that you can touch that no one else can." Her attitude changed after that and now her husband is the stake president and she is very respected in the ward and community. I now have a better attitude about moving to Michigan.

3 comments:

Bonewell said...

awww this is so neat! Thanks for sharing! I've been so worried about maybe having to move in may...but this helps me out alot! We've been so blessed to have you guys in our lives, now it's time for someone else to take part in all that you guys have to give! We will miss you! (ps let us know if you need help packing up to move!)

Denalee said...

yeah, but we'll miss you.

K. D. Montgomery said...

We're just glad you were able to be here at least for a little while. Good luck!