Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Big Date

Brandon took his boards on Mon. July 21st. The test took 8 hours. We are both so relieved that he got that over with. On Wed. July 23 I got a phone call that was for Brandon to confirm his table for 2 at a really nice restaruant inside Red Rock resort. I thought it was so weird, so I *69 it and found out it was the number to the clinic where Brandon is doing rotations. I started to text him all kinds of questions. He was giving me little clues back. And then, I had an order of cinisticks and pizza delivered to my door and a note that was supposed to say, "You are being TREATED to a fancy date." When I asked Brandon what the pizza was about he told me that was dinner for the kids. He would be bringing the babysitter over at 6:30 and he and I would be going out for dinner and a movie. I was so shocked that I thought maybe he had cancer or something terrible. Turns out, he just wanted to take me out for getting through the last 2 years. We had so much fun and I was totally impressed he made all the arrangements for that last week without me even knowing.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so impressed with the planning! I think that it's super tricky for hubbies to suprise us so when they go to so much work it pull it off, it's nice not just because the date's fun, but because you know they care so much.

Congrats on making it through this much school!

Alveybunch said...

Well way to go Brandon. It is about time he treated you for all the work medical school is for your family! I am glad you were finally given a great evening of alone time for the two of you. You've sure earned it!

Daniel & Charlee Linford (benson) said...

That is so freaking romantic. Brandon you seem to surprise me sometimes thats for sure!