Sunday, August 31, 2008

Exhausting

So yesterday Brandon decided it would be fun to go for a bike ride. I was on my bike and Brandon was on his bike with the kids in the cart behind him. We drove to a trail then took our bikes off the car to ride. We started at the top of this huge hill but it didn't look too big. As we got going, we had a great time flying down one big hill, and then another, and then another. I got thinking, "This is going to be excruciating to go back up." We were having so much fun though, and of course I wasn't that tired so we kept going. Once we got to Lake Las Vegas Brandon admitted he was very tired. Again I thought, "I'm not very tired. I'll just ride back real quick and get the car." So, we agreed to meet at the bottom of all those hills where I could pull the car in. I was tired before I got to the bottom of those hills and I was puffing like the out of shape person that I am (we haven't exerted any energy since the summer started 3 months ago). I had to walk my bike up all those hills and I would ride on the tiny little dips in between. I think I took well over the 15 minutes I thought it would take to get back to Brandon. He was glad to see me when I finally made it back with the car. Next time we are going to leave one of our cars at the end of the trail.

0 comments: