Friday, July 31, 2009

Off the Radar

So, if you've ever had a newborn, you can guess what I've been up to for the last three weeks... trying to survive :-) We brought Cody home from the hospital and I was trying to nurse him. He was very sleepy for whatever reason and wasn't interested in eating. After losing a pound and a half, his pediatrician told me I needed to bottle feed him so that he could quickly get the calories he needed in the short time he was awake. Basically, there's a lot more detail to it, but, I was pumping 9 times a day along with feeding Cody a bottle 8 times a day. My butt created a permanent indent in the couch. I went to Cody's pediatrician 3 times in one week checking his weight. I felt like they were therapy sessions for me because I always ended up crying. Cody's Dr. (Dr. Dushman) is awesome! He always asks me how I'm doing and if I'm ok. Last week Brandon took Cody in to be circumcised and the Dr. asked how I was feeling about bottle feeding because he knew I was trying really hard to nurse. He had already told me that statistically, if a baby isn't nursing and needs a bottle, he will never go back to nursing. Brandon told the Dr. that I was still nursing and he was shocked. Anyway, Brandon took the kids to the children's museum to treat them to a fun day. They had a wonderful time. The only problem, Denton got the flu. Ya, not fun. The good news... I just took Cody to the Dr. today and he weighs 10 and 1/2 lbs. at 3 weeks old. He's very healthy, we're just hoping he doesn't get sick. All in all, I'm ready for some normalcy. I don't think I'll get it for another few weeks, but I have hope. Brandon goes back to work on Monday. I'm kind of scared to be left on my own with all three kids. We'll see how it goes.


At the kids museum there is a little pretend grocery store. Julia was sad there wasn't really ice cream in the carton. Brandon listed all the things off to me that Julia tried to eat, like the plastic apple, the plastic banana, ect.
This was a fun project to create waterways using the plastic pieces.
>divMy cute little grease monkey.

1 comments:

Alveybunch said...

Glad to hear he's gaining weight so well. A piece of advice: don't feel guilty if the kids have been watching tv all day, dishes are stacked up, your still in your pjs/not dressed for the day and your sitting there nursing when Brandon walks in the door from a long day at work. Life goes on and this too shall pass. Your a good mom and you'll find your niche. Sometimes life feels like a balancing act!