Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Welcome To Our Family Cody!























I finally had the baby! Wed night I started having real contractions and by early Thur morning they were hurting enough to wake me up, but they were very far apart. I woke up Thur morning and told Brandon, "I think today is the day." I continued having contractions throughout the day, but I still got a pretty good nap in. By 5:30pm the contractions were hurting pretty bad, so I told Brandon to call his mom to come. He was hesitant because he didn't realize how bad my contractions were like I was. My mother-in-law was a lifesaver. She immediatly got ready and drove here from St. George to come look after Denton and Julia. We had a girl from the ward come watch the kids until Brandon's mom got here, and we left right away for the hospital. We got there at about 7pm. When I got to the hospital, they ckecked to see how far I was dialated. I was already at a 7!!! They addmitted me right away and called my Dr. in. I had the IV put in right away, and blood drawn. Shortly after, I had the epidural put in. He had to do it twice because it got blood in it the first time. The Dr. came in and broke my water (that's the first time my water didn't break on its own). I could still feel the contractions and I told the nurse, but she convinced me it was just pressure I was feeling. By 10:45pm I was really feeling like I needed to push, but I was only at a 9. I called the nurse back into my room 5 minutes later and told her I was going to start pushing. She said, "The Dr. is coming." I crossed my legs until he got there, and finally they told me I could push. To my grief, I could feel everything. The epidural was a no show. I was going to get that baby out as quickly as I could. Dr. told me to stop and catch my breath and I was like, "NOPE." Within 2 contractions, my precious Cody was born. He was a whopping 9lbs 11 1/2 oz and 20 inches long. The Dr. and nurse were both amazed at how big he was. I stayed in the hospital until Saturday morning. I'm so glad my mother-in-law was nice enough to entertain and take care of Denton and Julia so I could rest and not worry. On Saturday, my father-in-law, and sister-in-law came to see the baby and bring gifts. It was so fun to show off my new little baby. Stephanie (my sister-in-law that came) took a bunch of cute pictures. To see more of cute baby Cody, go to http://www.totalblissphotography.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Alveybunch said...

You poor thing! I had a similar experience with Joshua and know that when you're not ready to be feeling the pain all you can think is to get that baby out asap! He's beautiful! I cannot wait to meet him. I told William that your little Cody is a David too and he was so excited! How are you feeling? Three kids is a lot of work! I am glad that Brandon will be able to be around this month. I am sure that will help! If he could just take a few feedings at night you would have it made ;o) Take care of yourself and kiss those chunky baby cheeks for me!

Shantaila said...

Hi! This is Adam and Shantaila Lamb. Your baby is so super cute! I can't believe how big he is, you poor girl! I thought an almost 8 punder was horid! We hope you are all doing well!

The Covie said...

Oh my gosh he is so perfect and precious! Wow you were a trooper. I can't believe the epidural didn't work! I am so happy for you guys and I can't wait to come see baby Cody! That is such a cute name too!! Congratulations and if you need anything please let me know!!

The One said...

I think I left a comment on the wrong post....Congrats! Maybe you'll find my original post somewhere on your page. Big babies are awesome (once they're out). I'll take a big baby any day! They sleep! Best Wishes you guys!

Thompson Family said...

He is gorgeous!!! Congrats. I hate epidural horror stories. Mine was a dream and I hate thinking that it may not always be. I'm pretty sure that might post-pone me from having more kids! HAHA!!! I wish we were closer so I could see him! He is soooo cute! Congrats!

K. D. Montgomery said...

Congratulations Goldie! You are a trooper. With the first contractions I am zooming to the hospital, and you did it without an epidural too. He is so cute.

Denalee said...

Congratulations Goldie ... he is absolutely PERFECT. And I love hearing the details of labor and delivery. Did you want to whack that nurse when she told you that you were only feeling pressure??? My epidural didn't take when I delivered Brooke and there's nothing like expecting pain relief and having the pain actually get worse. Anyway, Cody is so beautiful - he could be the Gerber Baby!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! Your family is so cute. Glad things went fast but sorry the epidural didn't work. You're superwoman. Hope you're setteling in at home and feeling well.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Goldie Cody is so beautiful! No epidural? What a pioneer you are! I am sorry, what a bummer it didn't work. I wanted to come see you this weekend but I don't want to intrude too soon. So I will leave it up to you. Feel free to tell me no if that is how you feel. Love the baby's name, love you, hope to see you soon.

Ashley said...

AHHHH HES ADORABLE!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Shelise said...

Congratulations! I cant believe you were already a 7 when you got to the hospital. 9 lbs. 11 1/2 oz.?? Way to go! He's so dang cute. I like the name too.