Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Duty Calls...

I guess we can no longer use the excuse that it's summer, or we're new, to get off easy. I feel the full weight of responsibility on my shoulders. When did I turn into an adult? Denton is starting school next Tuesday and I'm having a little bit of a hard time with it, not because I don't think he will do great and it will be very good for him, but because it's an end to him being my side-kick all day. I've joined a group of moms to do a preschool for Julia. October will be my month to teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have also received a new church calling to be the 1st counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. I know I will learn and gain far more than I can give. I'm just feeling like a small child trying to clop around in her mom's shoes. I know Heavenly Father can help me be who and what I need to be and I'm excited to see how things work out, because they always do :-)

1 comments:

Alveybunch said...

You are growing up fast! Life kind of comes on really fast when your kids start growing up too! Katelyn was more than ready to go to kindergarten but I wasn't quite ready. Now that I've went through the process a few times it isn't as frightening! Don't worry about your calling. The Lord always chooses those who are meant to be there, even if they don't feel ready. I've heard it said in the past, once you feel really confident in the calling you have they release you!