Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Plant a Seed

I thought it would be fun to spend some family time planting tomato seeds. I love home-grown tomatoes and I knew the kids would have fun planting seeds in the dirt and watching them pop up. When I was a kid my dad loved to garden. He would plant rows and rows of tomato's, cucumber, melons, corn, carrots, and just about everything else. He would spend hours in the garden weeding and fertilizing the plants. It was my job to sit in the garden with a hose and move the water from one row to the next. I would take a salt shaker out with me and eat tomatos while I waited for the water. I have to admit, I hated watering the garden. I look back now at the example my dad set, and I can't wait until we have our own garden and I can have my kids come and plant, weed, and water it with me.

0 comments: