Friday, February 5, 2010

My Lot in Life.

To all my girls out there raising kids and not living by any family, I feel your pain. This is my lot in life. Besides the three months we lived with Brandon's parents between BYU and med. school, we have never lived close to family. Even being two hours away from family, it is still out of reach of a babysitter and Sunday dinner. I see how young mothers drop their kids off at grandma's house so they can go to the Dr. or on a date. How nice would that be? Instead, I'm left to the mercy of my own pride. I hate asking for help, so usually, I don't. I have been blessed with good friends who seem to take me under their wing, and don't wait for me to ask. I consider these friends to be my family away from family. They are my role models. For this reason, I will have a hard time moving in 4 months, but I know wherever we go, there will be friends that Heavenly Father sends a long to be my family away from family.

5 comments:

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Good post! I am so grateful for friends and the church!!! Friends who force you to go on a date are worth a million bucks!

Can't wait to hear where you're going!!

Kirstin said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. I feel the same way. We lived near Jeff's parents for a little while but that was hard in it's own way (I didn't want to make them feel like I was taking advantage of their kindness). I hope your move goes well.

Denalee said...

Awwww. That sounds so sad. Goldie, when I was feeling much like you are - and I had to ask a friend for something (really, really hard) she said: "Buck up and get over it". I've not been the same. It took courage for her to say that to me, but it did the trick. Realize that there are many, many of us out there who have been in your shoes and are more than happy to help when we can. But we rarely know when or how we're needed. You have to ask. We WANT you to ask. It'll be the same with your new ward family when you move. It's a killer to get in the mode of being able to ask, but life will be better when you can. In the meantime, you know what my schedule is like - when it fits in with your plans, PLEASE call me.
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Golden Spice, I hear you girl, even living 5 min from family its the asking I hate. I hate being a burden on people or making them change there plans for my 3 new additions. I dont really think it is something we "Buck Up and Get Over" I think it always takes time! That is I guess how we all grow! In the meantime I pretty much think you are a stinking Rock Star mom and have the cutest little buggers in the world. I am so excited for you and Brandon and I am soooo stinkin sad you are moving away, I think we need a 4 year game plan to end up in the same location and it not be St. George. What do you think? Love ya see you next weekend!

Heather said...

Goldie, I miss you! Everyone needs time away from the kiddies. I would take them in a heartbeat. If you were closer we would take them on a regular basis for you, no need to ask, it would be planned, an at least once a month get away. Where are you moving to? You wrote you would know on the
8th. It would be cool if you landed in our area when Brandon is all done with his speacial ed. I would arm wrestle Jennifer to keep you close to us. Love You!